Legal Support Worker Needed in London, Ontario!
- Contact: Dee Bailey
- Location: London, Ontario, Canada
- Industry: Legal Services
- Skill Level: Experienced
- Job Type: Temp/Contract
- Base Pay: $16-$18/hour; depending upon experience
Legal Support Worker
Our client in London, Ontario is currently seeking a full-time Legal Support Worker on a month to month contract basis, starting in late October. The ideal candidate will have experience in the legal industry and professionalism dealing with confidential information, strong computer skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients.
Duties (may include and not limited too)
- Provide information to Child Protection Workers regarding legal process and forms, precedents, outlines, etc.
- Provide information to using various methods of communication including verbal and written.
- Provide information to workers generally about case preparation, evidence, warrants, court appearances (dockets, settlement conferences, hearings and trials).
- Provide information to workers about preparing for obtaining warrants and the step-by-step procedures for obtaining a warrant and executing a warrant.
- Identify training requirements and participate in training sessions on legal services and on other departmental committees, from time to time.
- Engage in supervision on a regular basis for purposes of accountability and professional development, and plan and prepare for these sessions.
- Attend and participate, as required, in agency educational programs and other continuing education programs from time to time.
- Complete accurate and relevant reports and records in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Perform record searches associated with non-parent custody applications as required by the court (pursuant to Bill 133), and prepare report for court purposes.
- Ensure Supervisor is apprised of any health and safety issues in the performance of his/her duties in a timely fashion.
- Proofread and execute a variety of documents including motions, appeals, complaints, subpoenas and summons.
- Perform other duties such as scheduling appointments, receiving and making telephone calls, and typing office memos, and other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 year college diploma in Legal Administration
- Must have a law clerk designation; be a member of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (ILCO)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an legal/law clerk capacity
- Previous experience with specifically family law
- Previous with drafting/completion of court documents including the following: Reasons for Application, Plan of Care, Statement of Agreed Facts, Settlement Conference Briefs, and Information in Support of Warrant
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience with legal software and experience with CWIS, EForms, LAD, Lotus Notes, etc. is an asset
- Must have excellent communication skills, particularly legal drafting skills
- Exceptional time management, organizational, prioritization and technical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a fast paced environment
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with strong proofreading skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility with job requirements and adapt well to changing priorities
- Willingness to work flexible working hours as necessary and available
- Ability to think independently, to respond with initiative and to grow professionally
- Must be bondable
Compensation $16-$18/hour; depending upon experience
If you feel you have the requirements to fill this exciting position, please apply with cover letter and resume to Dee Bailey at email@example.com
Express Employment Professionals provides expertise in temporary staffing/evaluation and direct hire; contract and executive recruiting and placement; and customized human resource services. For more information on Express, visit Express online at www.expresspros.com