SEO for Realtors - Getting your Braggits and your Website To Rank on Search Engines
First: Real Estate SEO mistakes to avoid!
One MAJOR thing about creating Braggits for SEO is to never copy and paste content from elsewhere on the web. We put this one up front because the "easy way out" is to copy MLS listings into Braggits, but this WILL NOT WORK. Google will list the original MLS listing and penalize your Braggit for duplicate content. Every Braggit should be original content written by you. Some other things to avoid:
Keyword stuffing, or trying to use a certain keyword extensively in your content. Google has natural language algorithms that can tell when you're doing this, so just write naturally and avoid having your content penalized.
Trying to cover too many keywords. Stick with one keyword or subject per Braggit. Some people will try to discuss every area they serve in a Braggit, which only confuses search engines about what exactly this content should rank for.
Too little content. The more content you give the search engine the more it has to go by. We recommend at least two solid paragraphs.
Win the Real Estate Rankings Game With "Long Tail" Keywords
Braggits do fantastically on Google searches for "long tail keywords" or search terms that are not very competitive, but are likely exactly what your customers are searching for! For example if you're a Realtor in Orlando, Florida you can spend years struggling to rank on search for incredibly competitive searches like "Orlando Real Estate". Instead, think like a consumer who is savvy enough to be hunting for real estate on the web. They've likely already done their research and have an idea of what communities they are interested in. Realtors that have stopped chasing the impossible to reach keyword phrases, and have started claiming the lower hanging fruit are seeing huge results. Here are some Braggit tips:
1. Create Braggits for neighborhoods, communities, or condominium complexes in your area. Talk about the community or building in the post.
Braggit Headline Examples:
Homes for sale in the Tiger Point neighborhood below $300,000
Palm Cove Real Estate For Sale
Condos for Sale in Calypso Towers
Homes for rent in Hobbit's Glenn
Short Sales in Copper Creek
2. Create a Braggit for each of your listings. Mention the neighborhood or street in the Braggit title, and talk about the neighborhood in the body of the Braggit as well as the home itself.
3. Create Braggits about changes in the real estate market in your area, steps in the home buying process, advantages of using a Realtor, and anything else people are likely looking for. Don't just post promotional content, try to become a valuable resource for your customers by posting educational content as well.
4. When you create a Braggit you can add a "Call to Action" button from the "Advanced" section. Make sure you link this to a related page of your website using relevant keywords. This way you're also improving the SEO of your own website.
5. Seek out other businesses in your area and join their BragForce. This will interlink your BizBrag profiles increasing the local relevance of your Braggits in search. Do you have a home inspector, contractor, or lender that you work with? Tell them about BizBrag and join their BragForce once they've signed up. You can even send them an invitation to join BizBrag from our dashboard. Do you work at a brokerage with many agents? Have them contact us about our multiple account technology that will allow them to post Braggits to the Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages of all of their agents.
3600 Clipper Mill Road , Suite 400
Baltimore, Maryland 21211
Our Related Braggits
May 25, 2012